Radical changes in social care and significant spending cuts have all councils and PCTs wrestling with the challenges of introducing commissioning for the widest range of services. Improving the process of commissioning so that high quality services deliver people choice and excellent value-for-money is where Process Matrix has considerable experience.
One of our operating partners has worked in joint commissioning alongside the NHS. His experience was focused on developing strategic commissioning plans based on service user involvement and key national agendas. These strategic commissioning approaches have led to initiatives which range from individual service funds to establishing user-led social enterprises. From creating the vision statements that drive positive change to mobilising political 'buy-in' to create sustainable systems, Process Matrix knows how to deliver change for the better.
Our specialist areas of capability include:
- Developing, commissioning and decommissioning strategies
- Assisting organisations to make informed decisions about the future direction under personalisation
- Stakeholder engagement and use of evidence-based criteria for commissioning
- Using proven commissioning tools to develop robust and sustainable strategic plans, linking people with opportunities for success
- Using and improving data and information on quality of services commissioned
- Implementing knowledge management tools and techniques for commissioning
- Running procurements and supporting negotiations using EU compliant processes
- Development of service specifications, service level agreements and service schedules
- Post contract award implementation, monitoring and service management.